The recently issued executive regulations law says that you can be granted Turkish citizenship by property in which you will be granted the citizenship in return for a real estate investment with the cost of 250 thousand dollars instead of 1 million dollars
Find out with us about all the conditions and details regarding the practical procedures for applying for Turkish citizenship by property in Turkey.
The recently issued new Turkish citizenship by property Law granted great advantages, after the recent historical amendments and facilities for obtaining Turkish citizenship, Including the granting of Turkish citizenship in return for a real estate investment of 250 thousand dollars, after it was a million dollars previously.
The executive regulations that have been issued clarifies all the conditions, details, and procedures related to the application of the new law.
The regulation divided foreign investors into two parts:
1. The first section: who is the one who purchased the property during the period between 12/01/2017 and 18/09/2018, the value of the immovable property purchased must be not less than 1,000,000 (one million) US dollars.
2. Section Two: As for the (immovable property) that was purchased on 09/19/2018 or after, it must have a value of at least $250,000.
Among the most important provisions of this decision are:
- All financial transactions for the purchase of real estate must be through banks, and transactions outside banks cannot be accepted.
- You cannot buy a property from any foreign (non-Turkish) person.
- In case that you purchase a property with installments, the amount already paid will be calculated, and the monthly installment will not be considered.
- The value of the property that you will buy must be slightly higher than the value of (250) thousand dollars so that you don’t face problems when you apply.
- You cannot sell the property you have purchased, during the three following years from the date of the purchase. Then after the three years, you can do with it whatever you want.
Steps for obtaining Turkish citizenship by property:
1- First, the property you purchased must have a title deed (TAPU).
2- you cannot apply for citizenship through sales contracts for properties that are under construction.
3- Obtaining an official real estate appraisal from one of the companies documented in the Turkish Financial Markets Department (SPK).
4- The purchase value registered in the title deed will be calculated according to the price of the Turkish lira in the Central Bank on the day the title deed is obtained.
5- It is possible to apply for Turkish citizenship through several properties owned by the investor that in total make the amount required for the citizenship.
HELPFUL INFO ON OBTAINING TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENTHERE
Required personal documents for obtaining Turkish citizenship by property:
- Personal birth certificate.
- Clearance certificate of judgments and precedents for the investor and his wife separately.
- Family statement document or family record.
- Two biometric personal photos (recent for all family members).
- Marriage certificate (marriage contract) in case the owner of the property is married and wishes to submit the citizenship file with his family.
Important notes for obtaining Turkish citizenship by property:
- All documents issued outside Turkey must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the document is issued, and from the Turkish representation in that country (Turkish embassy or consulate).
- If the Turkish representation in the country issuing the document didn’t ratify it then it must be documented by the representation of this country in Turkey and documented by the governor after translating and documenting it from the notary.
How to apply for Turkish citizenship by property:
you apply through the electronic system of the Immigration Department through the following link: https://www.goc.gov.tr/
Documents required to obtain a residence permit before granting citizenship to investors:
1- Residence application form.
2- Certificate of Conformity (that is, the property’s conformity with the specifications for granting citizenship, and it is extracted from the TAPU Dept.).
3- The original passport and a copy (the person applying for residency must be present in person).
4- 4 biometric personal photos (recent).
5- Valid health insurance.
Read about Turkish citizenship by property in Arabic