The laws regarding the renewal driving license Turkey applies to both foreigners in Turkey as well as Turks since both are treated with the same legal proceedings as a Turkish citizen in most cases. Because the laws are applied on the foreigners that are legally residing in Turkey as it is applied on the Turkish citizens, and we like in this article on your site “Turkey for Expats” to explain to you the procedures for renewal driving license Turkey in detail.
Who is entitled to issuing and renewal driving license Turkey?
The laws of issuing renewal driving license turkey apply to all Turkish citizens, whether foreigners residing in Turkey legally with any type of residence or holding a valid legal identity, including Arabs residing in Turkey, or Turkish citizens.
Types of driving license Turkey:
There are different types of driving license Turkey, including:
- Driving licenses issued to a foreigner who holds a work residency, and is distinguished by having a special mark.
- The student’s driver’s license and these licenses have an encoding for the name.
- Driving license for diplomatic personnel.
Steps to renewal driving license Turkey:
The first step: You must pay the taxes imposed on your car, and the mandatory car insurance (Secorta).
The second step: book an appointment for the inspection and pay the inspection fees, which for automatic cars is 270 Turkish liras, and for public cars 300 Turkish liras.
You can learn about the details of inspecting the car through the following article:
The third step: Set an appointment for renewal driving license turkey, and this procedure can be done through the official website via the Internet from here or by calling 199
And there is a possibility to cancel the appointment for the renewal of the Turkish driver’s license at least half an hour before the expiration date of the application submitted on the website, in case of the inability to attend due to emergency circumstances.
In the past, these procedures were carried out at Turkish police stations to obtain the date for renewing the Turkish driver’s license.
And at the date of the interview to renew the Turkish driver’s license, you must bring the following documents:
Required papers for renewing a Turkish driving license:
- Biometric copy of a passport or identity card or what replaces it, such as the international family card, driver’s license, civil employee ID, military ID card, press card, application document issued by the judge.
- The driver’s old driver’s license.
- A health report that can be obtained from any private hospital or medical center in Turkey, or health facilities affiliated with the Ministry of Health.
- Fingerprints that you provide in the Population Directorate.
- The document that determines your blood type.
- A cash fee of about 15 Turkish liras is deposited and the deposit receipt is attached to the papers, and it is deposited in one of the following banks:
TURKIYE VAGIFLAR BANKASI
KUVEYT TURK KATILIM BANKASI
ALBARAKA TURK KATILIM BANKASI
TURK EKONOMI BANKASI
Turkish driver license renewal extension 2020:
The General Administration of Population and Citizens Affairs at the Ministry of Interior issued a decision to extend the renewal of the old Turkish driver’s license issued before January 1, 2016 until December 31, 2022, and previously the last date for renewal was until December 31, 2020; And that is because of the administration’s desire to ease the suffering of the citizens when they rush to renew the Turkish driving license.
You can learn about getting your driving licenses in Turkey through the following article: