The quality of life in Turkey depends on many important criteria and measures by which the quality-of-life index in the country can be accurately measured; The quality of life in Turkey, as it is a large country that includes 81 provinces, the quality of life varies from one province to another, and from one city to another. We will inform you in this article about indexes of the quality of life in Turkey in general without talking about a specific Turkish city, provided that we will talk about the quality of life for each city separately in upcoming articles.
Quality of life in Turkey indexes:
- Purchasing Power Index
- Safety index.
- Healthcare Index.
- Climate index.
- Real estate price/income index.
- Travel time index.
- Pollution index.
Quality of life in Turkey indexes in numbers:
- The purchasing power index is very low at 40.36
- The safety index is high at 60.34
- The healthcare index is high at 70.03
- The climate index is very high at 93.26
- Real estate price/income index is moderate at 7.71
- Travel time index is high by 45.01
- The pollution index is high 67.12
- The Life Quality index in Turkey is high at 127.19
Criteria for measuring quality of life in Turkey 2020:
The quality of life in Turkey depends on several main criteria:
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – purchasing power:
It is the purchasing power of individuals in the Turkish society. The purchasing power index in Turkey is classified as a very low index, reaching 40.36. There are many articles on our website that detail the cost of living in different cities of Turkey.
You can learn about the Pros and Cons of living in Turkey through the following article: here
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – safety index:
The safety index in Turkey is classified as a high index, reaching 60.34.
And the safety index in Turkey depends on the level of crime, which may be for any reason, such as crimes due to ethnic origin, crimes due to drug use, or crimes for the purpose of theft and sabotage or other reasons.
- The level of crime index in Turkey is moderate at 41.10
- The level of increase in crime in the past 3 years is high, 61.36
- The level of crime due to house theft is low at 38.30
- The level of crime due to car theft is low at 37.28
- The level of crime due to ethnic or religious origins is low at 36.69
- The level of crime due to drug use is low at 36.73
- The level of crime due to corruption and bribery is moderate, 57.63
- The level of crime due to theft and sabotage is low at 39.47
- Safety index of walking on the streets in the day is high at 76.09
- Safety index of walking on the streets at night is moderate at 51.41
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – Healthcare Index:
It is known that Turkey enjoys high healthcare index that reaches 70.03, and the healthcare index in Turkey depends on several other indexes such as:
- The skill and competence of the medical staff index is high at 73.34
- The speed in completing the examination and reporting index is high at 70.16
- Availability of modern diagnostic and treatment equipment index is high at 81.16
- Accuracy and perfection in filling out medical reports index is high at 72.37
- The service of employees in medical institutions index is high at 66.16
- Waiting time in medical institutions index is high at 62.14
- Satisfaction with the cost of healthcare index is high at 63.45
- The extent of customer satisfaction in Turkish health institutions index is high at 78.11
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – Climate Index:
Turkey has a very high climate index of 93.26
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – Travel time index:
The travel index in Turkey is a high, reaching 45.01, which is an index based on:
- Traffic index in Turkey 196.80
- Time indicator in minutes 45.01
- Efficiency Speed Index 215.94
- Gaz emission index is 6087.81
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – Real estate price/income index:
This index is classified as moderate, reaching 7.71.
It is based on monthly rental prices and the prices of apartments in Turkey, in comparison to salaries and finances obtained by individuals of the Turkish community.
- Small apartment rental downtown (one room) 850-2500
- Small apartment rental (one room) outside the city center 600 – 1500
- Large apartment rental downtown (3 rooms) 1500 – 4500
- Large apartment rental (3 rooms) outside the city center 1000-2500
- The price per square meter in an apartment dowtown is 300,000-1,000,000
- The price per square meter in an apartment outside the city center is 200,000 – 550,000
- The average net monthly salary (after taxation) is 2784.17 TL
- Annual mortgage interest rate for a fixed period of 20 years 18.79%
Quality of life in Turkey 2020 – pollution index:
The pollution index in Turkey is one of their highest indexes, as it reaches 67.12.
And it depends on many sub-indexes such as:
- The air pollution index is high at 64.85
- Drinking water pollution index is moderate at 48.25
- Trash accumulation index is moderate at 41.62
- The noise pollution index is moderate at 55.43
- The index of pollution of parks and green spaces is moderate at 59.26