Ege University Istanbul of Izmir is a Turkish governmental university, one of the largest and most prominent universities in Turkey, based in Izmir, and it is one of the recognized universities. In 2018, Ege University Istanbul ranked eighth in Turkish universities and ranked 828 internationally.
Let’s get to know the history of the Turkish Ege University Istanbulof Izmir and its most important colleges through this article on your site (Turkey for Expats).
HISTORY OF THE TURKISH Ege University Istanbul of Izmir
Ege University Istanbul of Izmir was established in 1955 and at first, it included only two major colleges: the College of Medicine and the College of Agriculture.
With the constant pursuit of expanding the university, the number of colleges in it reached 14 colleges and more than 10 educational institutes that include various majors, and by 1982, the Turkish Ege University Istanbul of Izmir became one of the most prominent and largest universities in Turkey.
As the number of students at the university now reaches nearly 50,000 students, and the number of faculty members at the university is about 4 thousand members.
You can check this link
Faculties and departments of the Turkish Ege University of Izmir:
The Turkish Ege University Istanbul of Izmir requires success in the YÖS exam as a condition for admission to the university, and the university includes many colleges and institutes in various majors and the language of instruction in the various faculties of the university is in English and Turkish according to the type of college, and among the colleges of the Ege University:
- Faculty of Medicine.
- Faculty of Agriculture.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Faculty of Literature.
And it includes the following sections: Department of German Language and Literature, Department of American Culture and Literature, Department of Archeology, Department of Geography, Department of Philosophy, Department of English Language and Literature, Department of Psychology, Department of Art History, Department of Sociology, Department of History, Department of Turkish Language and Literature, Department of Translation (English and German), Department of Ancient Languages and Cultures.
- Faculty of Education.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- Faculty of Health Science:
Midwifery department, nutritional department, physiotherapy and rehabilitation department.
- Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences: Department of Economics, Department of Business Administration, Department of International Relations,
- College of Communications:
Journalism Department, Advertising Department.
- College of Engineering
Department of Computer Engineering, Department of Bioengineering, Department of Leather Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Department of Food Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Textile Engineering.
- College of Science:
Department of Astronomy and Space Sciences, Department of Biology, Department of Biochemistry, Department of Physics, Department of Statistics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Mathematics.
- College of Fisheries
Know all about the cost of studying in TurkeyHere
Educational institutes at Ege University of Izmir:
- Institute of Educational Sciences.
- Technical Sciences Institute.
- Solar Institute.
- Al-Aman Institute for Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- Institute of Nuclear Sciences.
- Institute of Health Sciences.
- Institute of Social Sciences.
- Turkish General Research Institute.
- International Computer Institute.
Institutes of higher education at Ege University of Izmir:
- Higher Institute of Mathematical Globalization and Physical Education.
- Chema Higher Institute, Tourist Hotel.
- Turkish National Music Institute.
- Izmir Ataturk High Institute of Health.
- Higher Institute of Design and Fashion.
- Odmesh High Institute of Health.
- Higher Institute for Foreign Languages.
- Institutes of higher education for vocational training:
- Ali Agha Institute for Higher Education and Vocational Training.
- Ataturk Institute of Higher Education for Health Services.
- Binder Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
- Bergma Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
- Ege Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
- Amal Akin Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
- Higher Institute for Professional Air Training.
- ODMIS Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
- Terra Kotsan Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
- Orla Higher Institute for Vocational Training.
Ege University Istanbul campus:
The Ege University campus of Izmir is located on an area of 370 hectares and covers a wide range of facilities, including culture, sports activities, and all educational and social services.
The university campus also has parking lots, roads, and traffic signs, and there are an international communication network and Internet.
And since the university campus of the Turkish Ega University of Izmir is located at the crossroads between the cities of Ankara, Izmir and Istanbul, there is a public transport network and rapid transportation of metros, buses, and various types of public buses, which enabled students to reach the university campus from any part of Izmir and its surrounding cities.
Services provided by Ege University to students
Turkish Ege University of Izmir provides student housing for approximately 1,700 students who are continuing their education in the university’s colleges and institutes, the university also provides social and sports clubs and art exhibitions of all kinds that any student can participate in and practice its various activities such as heritage, antiquities and culture club, radio club, cave discovery club, youth entrepreneur club, bicycle club, satirical caricature club, popular dance club, modern dance club.
Now that you know all about Turkish Ege University of Izmir, which faculty are you signing up for?