Get to know with us in detail about how to get residence permit in Turkey.
Work residency is one of the important types of residencies in the Turkish Republic granted by the state to foreigners wishing to work on Turkish lands, and it is considered itself the investor residency and it is also a work permit, which allows you to work within the Turkish lands and benefit from many advantages.
What are the advantages of obtaining a work permit in Turkey?
It allows you to enjoy many advantages granted by the Turkish government to foreigners working on its territory, such as:
- Treatment at state expense in Turkish government hospitals.
- The possibility of applying for Turkish citizenship, but it is only possible after 5 years of residence in Turkey.
- Children have the opportunity to enroll in Turkish public schools or Imam and Khatib schools for free.
- Facilitate the procedures of adding the wife, children, and parents to the work residency that you will obtain (in case you are applying as a company owner in Turkey, and we will explain this in the following lines).
- Benefit from the retirement pension after the age of sixty.
- Enjoy the powers granted by the state to the owners of work residency
how to get residence permit in Turkey :
There are two ways to obtain a work permit on Turkish lands:
The first method of how to get residence permit in Turkey:
To be an official employee of one of the companies located in Turkey,
This will not require you to apply for a work residency (work permit), as the owners of companies are required to obtain it for the benefit of the employees of the company, otherwise, they will be subjected to a large fine, but there are several conditions for the company applying for a work permit for the benefit of its employees:
- The company’s capital must be at least 100 thousand Turkish liras
- Appointing 5 Turkish employees in front of each foreign employee
- Paying all taxes and social security for the Turkish state
These difficult conditions made the second method, which is to apply as a company owner, the easiest way to obtain residency.
The second method of how to get residence permit in Turkey:
To be the actual owner of the company in Turkey or a partner in the company with no less than 40% of the capital
According to the law, you are entitled to apply for a work permit, and you will be exempt from certain conditions, which are:
- Appointment of 5 Turkish employees in front of each foreign employee for the first year of the company’s establishment
- For Syrians, they are exempted from the condition of depositing the full amount of the capital (100 thousand Turkish liras).
You can apply for a work residency from outside Turkey:
By visiting one of the offices of the Turkish embassy or representation in the country in which you reside, submitting your company’s papers, and applying for a work residency, which is obtained 45 days after applying for it.
As an owner (a private company in Turkey), you are entitled to apply for a work residency from within Turkey:
But as a basic procedure, you must first have a tourist residence, and then it will be converted into a work residence.
The work residence is facilitated for the owner of the company, as we mentioned before, the procedures for adding the wife, children, and parents to the obtained work residence.
Know the right and wrong reasons to move to Turkey through the following video
How much does it cost to obtain a work residence as a business owner?
The procedures for obtaining a work permit cost approximately 1000 US dollars.
What is the duration of the work stay on Turkish territory?
The work permit is valid for one year for the first time, and when renewed, it is two years, and upon renewal, it becomes 3 years,
After 5 years have passed, you are entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship,
Know about the pros and cons of living in Turkey and more information about the Turkish citizenship
Read about how to get residence permit in Turkey in Arabic