If you look for residency in Turkey; then you need to get a visa or residency permit and as a student, then knowing how to get a student visa Turkey is a must. Turkey became a very economically strong country, which largely contributed to the development of education, especially higher education.
Many people now seek higher education in Turkey that has over 170 universities in all fields. It did not stop there; many people are actually seeking high school and middle schools even in Turkey!
In addition to the esteemed educational level, Turkey’s cost of living and education is not high in comparison to other European countries. Getting a student visa Turkey is a relatively clear and simple process. Let’s walk you through the steps in detail!
Steps to get a student visa Turkey
First of all, you must fill in an application to book an interview in the Turkish embassy. Prepare these papers before going to the interview:
- A valid passport for a period over 6 months and a translated version of it to either English or Turkish
- Acceptance letter of the university/school you are enrolling in
- Bank statement of a foreign bank for one of your parents and make sure it is a valid account with actual withdrawal, transactions…etc.
- Original high school certificate and transcript stamped from the Ministry of foreign affairs and translated to either English or Turkish
- A Turkish equivalence certificate to your degree which is something you can do in your country for a little amount of money and takes around a week
- You can get the equivalence of your degree directly from Turkey but for extra money and takes around a month or a month and a half but you can still apply to universities using the receipt you get when you pay for it
- You must have a flight ticket reservation and doesn’t need to be the same commencement date as your studies
- A tourist medical insurance for Turkey that’s valid for at least 3 months starting from the date of your interview
You need to know how to apply for Yos Exam if you enrolling to a Turkish univeristy
Now, since you have everything you need now to go to your interview and get your student visa Turkey
Interview to get a student visa Turkey
Once you fill in the application you will get an email with the date of your interview, you go with your papers and make sure you have everything clear and translated. Don’t worry the interview is not hard it is mostly a conversation so that the interviewer gets to know you more, why are you choosing Turkey? What’s the name of the university? Which city are you planning to stay in? and other basic questions.
Make sure you stay relaxed and friendly during your interview and make sure you show your interest in Turkey and passion for the thing you are going to study. You can rehearse with a family member before the interview to make sure you cover all possible scenarios.
The interviewer will tell you when exactly you can go to get your student visa Turkey, it can take 30 to 32 days which is a lot of time so if you need your visa to come out faster, we recommend that you apply for it in September. September is considered the season of student visa Turkey, they know that many students are in a hurry to enroll in their universities on time so when you apply for your student visa Turkey in September, you can get it in as early as a week after your interview.
Studying abroad is a very rewarding experience, and choosing a country as beautiful and cultural as Turkey will make the experience even more worthwhile. Make sure you look into Turkish universities and check the variety of faculties that they have. Apply to the university of your choice and you can always apply to more than one university as well. Once you get accepted, get your papers ready and go get your student visa Turkey!
Share with us your experience in the comments!