Hacettepe University is a Turkish government university based in Ankara. In 2018 it was ranked among the 10 best universities in Turkey, as it ranked sixth at the level of Turkish universities, and ranked 774 globally. The languages of teaching used at the Hacettepe University are, Turkish, English, German, and French and the language varies according to the faculty.
It is a recognized university in most foreign countries, the university includes many faculties in all disciplines and Hacettepe University is one of the most famous universities that teach medicine in its specializations, especially pediatrics, where the university was the first in the world that offers this specialization. It is still one of the most famous and reputable medical specialties in Turkey until now. Get to know us about Hacettepe University and its faculties and the tuition fees, through the following article.
History of Hacettepe University
Hacettepe University was initially established as part of the University of Ankara in 1954 AD, but the situation changed after the opening of the Child Health Institute and a private hospital affiliated with the university in 1958. This was the beginning of the expansion of the university and the addition of many specializations and it was officially announced as an independent university in 1967.
Hacettepe University Campus
Hacettepe University has two campuses: the first campus is located in the old city of Ankara and has the medical center. The second campus is the headquarters of Hacettepe University and is located only 13 kilometers away from the city center of Ankara. The campus extends over an area of 210,238 square meters of forests and green lands.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE COST OF STUDYING IN TURKEYHere
Language of instruction at Hacettepe University
Hacettepe University offers courses in many languages, where the language of instruction varies according to the faculty and its requirements. There is the Faculty of Medicine and it is the most famous among all the faculties of the university and it studies medicine in both English and Turkish. Other faculties teach only in English, others in German and others in French.
Hacettepe University does not require passing the Elios exam as a condition for admission to it, but the SAT or ACT tests are required for some faculties such as medicine and dentistry. As for the rest of the faculties, admission is granted with a high school degree only.
Tuition fees at Hacettepe University
University study fees in Turkish public universities is relatively low compared to some European countries such as England, France, or even outside of Europe like the United States of America. The tuition cost for a bachelor’s academic year in Turkish public universities ranges between 1,000 and 3,000 US dollars per academic year, and the cost varies from one university to another.
In the case of postgraduate studies, tuition fees range from 2000 to 4000 US dollars, and for Hacettepe University, we will mention the fees for some of the most famous faculties in it as follows:
- Faculty of Medicine: 3000 USD per year
- Faculty of Pharmacy: 2800 USD per year
- Faculty of Engineering: 2800 USD per year
- Faculty of Sciences: 1700 USD per year
Applying to Hacettepe University for foreign students and conditions for admission
Hacettepe University announces every year between the months of May and July the opening date for submitting its application. It requires passing exams for some specialties such as medicine and dentistry; where you require passing the SAT or ACT tests. As for the rest of the faculties, the grade obtained in high school is an important factor.
Conditions required for registration
- The student must have a high school degree or in the last year of high school, provided that he presents the papers that prove this
- The student must be a foreigner and doesn’t have a Turkish citizenship
Papers required to register at Hacettepe University
- The high school certificate translated and certified. In the event that high school is not completed, papers proving enrollment in the third grade in one of the schools in the country in which you study in.
- A transcript of your grades, translated and certified.
- Two personal photos.
- A copy of a valid passport or kamlek card.
- Certificate of the SAT or ACT tests if they are needed
The papers are sent by post with the application form obtained after the online registration at the Hacettepe University official registration website: http://www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr/yabanciUyruklu/t/index.html
Where the registration form is printed, filled out, signed and sent along with the required documents described above.
A date will be set for you for the interview, and it usually takes place in August of each year, and results will appear about 10 days later, and the semester begins in September.
In case you want to study at Hacettepe University, it is better to apply at multiple Turkish universities, as the high turnout at Hacettepe University, especially in the faculty of medicine, made the chance of university admission low for foreigners. The university accepts only 200 foreign students every year.
Faculties and departments of Hacettepe University
Hacettepe University includes 14 different faculties in addition to 13 institutes affiliated with the university, two of which are higher institutes. One for music education, 6 vocational institutes, in addition to 41 research centers affiliated with the university. The university includes 30 thousand students of all nationalities.
The university includes the following Faculties:
Faculty of medicine:
- Department of Basic Medical Sciences
- Department of Internal Medicine.
- Department of Surgical Sciences.
Faculty of Dentistry:
- Department of Imaging
- Dental filling section.
- Periodontal Department.
- Department of Restorative Dentistry.
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Department of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Department of compensation.
- Department of Orthodontics.
Faculty of Pharmacy:
- Department of Professional Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Sciences.
- Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Faculty of Science:
- Department of Natural Sciences.
- Department of Biology.
- Statistics Department.
- Chemistry Department.
- Mathematics Department.
Faculty of Health Sciences:
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Department of Child Development.
- Department of Treatment by Practice.
- Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.
- Department of Audiology.
- Department of Speech and Language Therapy.
Faculty of Communications:
- Department of Communication Sciences.
- Department of Radio, Television and Cinema.
Faculty of Engineering:
- Department of Electrical Sciences.
- Department of Computer Engineering.
- Department of Industrial Engineering.
- Department of Environmental Engineering.
- Department of Engineering Physics.
- Department of Geomatics Engineering.
- Department of Food Engineering.
- Department of Geology Engineering.
- Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Department of Mining Engineering.
- Department of Construction Engineering.
- Department of Automotive Engineering.
- Department of Nuclear Energy Engineering.
Faculty of Education:
- Department of Computer
- Department of Educational Technologies.
- Department of Educational Sciences.
- Elementary Education Department.
- Secondary Science Department, Ministry of Education.
- Mathematics Department.
- Department of Turkish Language Education.
- Department of Foreign Languages.
Faculty of Nursing.
- Department of Private Law.
- Department of Public Law.
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences:
- Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Department of Economics.
- Department of Economics (English).
- Business Department.
- Finance Department.
- Department of Health Administration.
- Department of Political Science and Public Administration (English).
- Department of Social Services.
- Department of International Relations.
Faculty of Fine Arts:
- Graphic section.
- Sculpture department.
- Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design.
- Department of Photography
- Porcelain department.
Faculty of Literature:
- Department of German Language and Literature.
- Department of American Culture and Literature.
- Department of Anthropology.
- Department of Archeology.
- Department of Information and Records Management.
- Department of Dialects and Contemporary Turkish Literature.
- Department of Philosophy.
- Department of French Language and Literature.
- Department of English Linguistics.
- Department of English Language and Literature.
- Department of translation and interpretation.
- Department of Psychology.
- Department of Art History.
- Department of Sociology.
- Department of History.
- Department of Turkish Language and Literature.
- Department of Turkish Folklore.
- Institute of Ataturk Principles and History of the Turkish Revolution.
- Informatics Institute.
- Child Health Institute.
- Institute of Educational Sciences.
- Higher Institute of Science and Technology.
- Institute of Fine Arts.
- Institute of Public Health.
- Cancer Institute.
- Institute of Neurosciences and Psychiatry.
- Population Studies Institute.
- Institute of Nuclear Sciences.
- Institute of Health Sciences.
- Institute of Social Sciences.
- Turkish Studies Institute.
Are you a student at Hacettepe University? Are you willing to apply there? Tell us in the comments!